Monday, July 6, 2009

Response to Gees blog

I believe that I am in a primary discourse, American wise because I was born into an American society, where I am a US citizen. I believe I have the upper advantage in society since I am more familiar with my culture and American customs. My primary discourse comes from my home, neighborhood, and my influences around me. My secondary discourses comes from school, church, and just being at different events and around new people.I wouldn't consider myself in the dominant discourse because i'm not wealthy, im not a dominant piece in the world, and I'm not that successful yet. I also don't consider myself in the dominant course because I haven't reached that level in my life since I'm still young and I don't really have a voice in society yet.I feel that dominant discourses should change in ways of letting people be heard and trying new things, such as a different cultures customs. I believe for people to be in the dominant course you had to have some kind of success and had a big impact in society. Those leaders are people like Barack Obama, Donald Trump, Oprah, and Bill Gates. I look forward to seeing myself as being in the dominant course in the future. I might not be as high as those that I mentioned, but in some shape, way, or form I see myself as playing a big part in society.

1 comment:

  1. What obstacles do you see having to get around in order to become a part of the dominant culture?

    ReplyDelete